[PATCH 0 of 5] Grab bag of patches I've been maintaining (v3).

Eric Hopper hopper at omnifarious.org
Mon Mar 17 14:46:17 CDT 2008

These are a grab bag of different changes I've been maintaining for
awhile.  I submit them because it would be nice to stop having to
maintain them myself and some of them would likely be considered
generally useful.

I would really appreciate any feedback people had on these.

Here are some notes on specific patches:

-> Tiny fix for webdir on non-symlink capable platforms.  [1 of 5]

  Oops, I used 'false' and not 'False' in one spot.  The tests I added
  should catch this error even on platforms that do support symlinks.

-> hgwebdir: Add a test for webdir symlinks.  [2 of 5]

  These are the tests Bryan requested I write.

-> convert: Add convert.cvsps option to set up an alternate cvsps command line.  [3 of 5]

  This is inordinately useful for testing out new versions of cvsps or
  for avoiding using the cvsps cache if you think it may be causing you

-> Global option to cause long hashes to be printed instead of short
   ones.  [4 of 5]

  I hate short hashes.  I was very disappointed when even doing
  --verbose stopped causing long hashes to be printed.  --debug is
  really a bit much and so I added a --fullhash option.  But IMHO there
  really should be a --short-hash-length=x option for defining how long
  you want your short hashes to be.  I haven't done this yet, and so
  this patch would add a global option that ideally would be replaced
  later with one that was more general.

-> Change hg-relink to compare revlog heads by way of comparison.  [5 of 5]

  This changes the hg-relink utility program to base whether or not it
  can link files on what versions are in the revlog rather than whether
  or not they have exactly the same contents which allows relinking to
  be much more agressive.  The problem is that revlinks may be broken in
  some cases since revlinks refer to revision numbers not revision

14 files changed, 302 insertions(+), 94 deletions(-)
contrib/hg-relink            |  203 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
hgext/convert/cvs.py         |    6 -
mercurial/cmdutil.py         |    5 -
mercurial/commands.py        |    7 -
mercurial/dispatch.py        |    4 
mercurial/patch.py           |    2 
mercurial/ui.py              |   26 ++++-
mercurial/util.py            |    2 
tests/test-debugcomplete.out |    2 
tests/test-extension.out     |    1 
tests/test-globalopts        |    2 
tests/test-hgwebdirsym       |   49 ++++++++++
tests/test-hgwebdirsym.out   |   34 +++++++
tests/test-walkrepo.py       |   53 ++++++++++

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/attachments/20080317/3751c0f2/attachment.pgp 

More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list