[PATCH 0 of 3] fix converted repo topology when using hg.tagsbranch feature

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sat Aug 15 12:55:03 CDT 2009


Hello the list,

Here is a series of patches that i try to push since a long time...

It fixes a long standing issue that i have been having working
on incremental conversions managed with the convert extension
using the hg.tagsbranch = tags-update setting to better match
the non versionned nature of tags in CVS/GIT.

The series counts:
 - a patch that adds a test that shows the problem with current
   implementation
 - a patch that fixes the problem
 - a patch that fixes an existing test that relied on the buggy
   behavior (this one may be wrong, see the patch description)

It was back to 2007 that i first spotted the issue, however
i didn't realize how bothersome it would be to maintain
good repo topologies at the time:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.devel/11024

I came back with a similar fix at least another time:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.devel/12380/focus=12395

And I changed the logic in another patch to try to push it upstream:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.devel/19218/focus=19219

Please, I'd like to have more feedback on this series than i
had in the past. Patching my hg version since 2 years is really
troublesome and i fucked up quite a lot of incremental conversions
after an hg update that didn't had my series applied.

Feedback more than welcomed.

-- 
Edouard Gomez


More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list