[PATCH 0 of 6] Recursive status and diff for subrepositories

Martin Geisler mg at lazybytes.net
Fri Sep 3 06:24:25 CDT 2010


Martin Geisler <mg at lazybytes.net> writes:

> Tim Henigan <tim.henigan at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Martin Geisler <mg at lazybytes.net> wrote:
>>> Tim Henigan <tim.henigan at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> I am still trying different scenarios. One new question/issue: The
>> new 'hg status' does not seem to handle nested subrepos. For example,
>> if I have the following:
>>
>>     top-level-repo/
>>         .hgsub (refers only to subrepo_1)
>>         .hgsubstate
>>         subrepo_1/
>>             .hgsub  (refers only to subrepo_2)
>>             .hgsubstate
>>             subrepo_2/    this is a subrepo
>>
>> If subrepo_2 has a locally modified file, then calling 'hg status -S'
>> from 'top-level-repo' does not show the modification. However, 'hg
>> diff -S' does show the change. It appears that 'hg diff' knows to
>> recurse into nested subrepos, but 'hg status' does not.
>
> Ah, you're right! I actually had that on a list somewhere... thanks
> for the reminder :-) It was fortunately easy to fix:
>
>   http://hg.lazybytes.net/subrepos-mq/rev/9aed6c32a8a0#l2.50
>
> and I've now updated the test to use a two nested subrepositories.
> I've updated the repositories...

I have now pushed these changes to the crew repository, see

  http://hg.intevation.org/mercurial/crew/rev/d2c5b0927c28

and the parent changesets.

Everybody: please give this a spin and let us know if you run into
problems so that we can fix them for the Mercurial 1.7 release on
November 1st.

-- 
Martin Geisler

Mercurial links: http://mercurial.ch/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/attachments/20100903/4ea97016/attachment.pgp>


More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list