pushing error: empty or missing revlog for Mac/Contrib/PyIDE-src/Scripts/ Hold option to open a script

higery shoulderhigher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:57:58 CDT 2011


> Explorer of Windows 7 has indeed the same problem as Vista.
>
> Mercurial already worked around this problem of Explorer by introducing
> a new repo format with version 1.7 (dotencode format) which encodes
> leading spaces inside .hg/store.
>
> Look into the file .hg/requires in your repo. If it contains
>
> revlogv1
> store
> fncache
> dotencode
>
> then the repo is using the current latest format which is resilient
> against explorer of Vista and Windows 7 stripping leading spaces of
> filenames.
>
> Upgrading to a newer version of Mercurial will not change the format of
> your existing repos. So the best thing for you is using the latest
> version of Mercurial and converting your repos to the newest format.
>
> Conversion happens if you do 'hg clone --pull oldrepo newrepo'.
>
> See
>
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/UpgradingMercurial#Upgrading_and_downgrading_repository_formats
>

Useful information!

I'm at office now, and I have noticed that the leading spaces of file '
_hold option to open a script~c2~8a.i' on this computer still exist, instead
of being stripped. So I think if such problem is actually caused between
copying repo from Win7 to WindowsXP.

Office computer installed TortoiseHg 1.0 and Mercurial 1.5, which I just
used to get my current repo by cloning from a remote server, and when I
tried to verify it today, all goes well. It means that though I have used
the latest version of TortoiseHg and Mercurial on my home computer, but the
repo has been corrupted when copying from office. In other words, Win7(32bit
version) would not do auto-stripping though filename contains leading
spaces, but when copying repo to WindowsXP, leading spaces will be stripped,
thus repo corruption problem occurs.

So according to Adrian's important suggestion and my today's finding, I
think there maybe two solutions for me:
1) convert the repo on my home computer with --pull cloning
But the repo has already been currpted, so I'm not sure the files which has
been stripped will be recoveried after conversion.
If it's ok, then good. If not, I think I can hack the fncache file.

2) import my changesets to office computer and try to push
Because repo on office computer is not corrupted, so it's ok to import these
new changesets, the only troublesome thing is remaking changes and
recommitting them.


That's all I can think and summary; hope it can help someone who have the
same problem in future.

Best regards,
higery
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/attachments/20110614/0c72d9d2/attachment.htm>


More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list