Call for testing: hackable Mercurial for Windows
mpm at selenic.com
Tue Oct 18 20:31:37 CDT 2011
In an effort to get more Windows people hacking on Mercurial, I've built
a proof-of-concept package here:
- private copy of Python 2.6.6 (32-bit)
- complete Mercurial history
- pre-compiled extensions (32-bit MinGW gcc 4.6.1)
- hg.exe wrapper to add to your path
- in-place editable source checked out and ready to go
You should be able to unzip this into a directory and start hacking on
Mercurial immediately without affecting your existing Python or
Mercurial installations. Because it contains the actual Mercurial repo,
you should also be able to immediately pull and update to the latest
development versions (until the extensions need recompiling).
Please give it a spin!
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.
More information about the Mercurial-devel