Who is using subrepos?
mg at aragost.com
Wed Oct 19 04:37:12 CDT 2011
Martin Geisler <mg at aragost.com> writes:
> Please add yourself to this table:
Maybe the table idea was bad... :) I'm sorry if anybody felt excluded,
that was not the intention! I just figured that I would hear from the
crew if I seeded it with those names. Thanks to all who responded!
Crew or not, the important thing for me is whether or not the people who
contribute to Mercurial are using subrepos. So far I think we've only
heard from people who use them for company projects:
* Paul Nathan: yes, 100+ subrepos
* Arne Babenhauserheide: yes, including Git and SVN subrepos
* Angel Ezquerra: yes, for every company project
* Franklin M. Siler: yes, but want optional subrepos
* David Sedlock: yes, for company projects
None of the big contributors to mercurial/subrepo.py said that they were
using subrepos daily and that's what worries me.
Maybe that's just okay -- like Matt said, subrepos are a fundamentally
hacky thing to add to a system like Mercurial that is built around the
notion of one single repository.
Professional Mercurial support
More information about the Mercurial-devel