[PATCH RFC] commit: add --amend option to amend the parent changeset
idankk86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:58:47 CST 2012
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Idan Kamara <idankk86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> # HG changeset patch
> # User Idan Kamara <idankk86 at gmail.com>
> # Date 1328185747 -7200
> # Branch stable
> # Node ID cc7dec00d5016f03acf789c35ce6ef50b204f0cb
> # Parent 0620421044a2bcaafd054a6ee454614888699de8
> commit: add --amend option to amend the parent changeset
Ok, after 40 messages in this RFC, I think we should sum this up:
- hg amend vs hg commit --amend: pretty much a tie but mpm on board with
going with --amend.
- allow amend on non-head with a warning: most were against this. going to
- open editor by default with old commit message (no --edit): opinions
vary, going with
this for now.
- keep old user/date on new commit: opinions also vary, but seems better
the opposite (so we can add -U/-D rather than --keep-user/date).
- strip amended commit: some think we shouldn't, didn't see a conclusive
why and how the user is going to avoid pushing the old commit.
- amending merges: should be possible, will not be implemented for now.
Feel free to raise other unfinished business, patch will be sent sometime
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mercurial-devel