[RFC] naming of obsolescence troubles

Gilles Moris gilles.moris at free.fr
Mon Oct 1 15:44:30 CDT 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 12:55:19 am Pierre-Yves David wrote:
> >>    A changeset is called *troubled* when it is affected by at least one
> >>    *troubles* (*unstable*, *latecomer* or *divergent*)
> >
> > 'Troubled' is rather alarming from a user perspective. If the command to
> > fix this stuff is going to be 'evolve', then I think we should instead
> > refer to these as 'unevolved'.
> Meh, from my french speaker perspective troubled did not looked to bad.
> But I'll trust your native speaker point of view.
> But i'm not very convinced by "unevolved". I'm looking for something were
> both adjective and name are usable. The name related to "unevolved" is
> "unevolution" it's both complicated and unclear.

Do you mean that their obsolescence state make their future not very clear?
- uncertain
- blurred (might match the french "trouble")
- undetermined


More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list