[PATCH] clone: update to @ bookmark if it exists
Thomas Arendsen Hein
thomas at intevation.de
Sat Oct 27 08:21:11 CDT 2012
* Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab at web.de> [20121027 13:54]:
> Am Montag, 15. Oktober 2012, 09:56:47 schrieb Sean Farley:
> > 2) put in special code for having the name 'default' be used as the
> > default bookmark?
> You can already do that (as long as no one undid my change about a year ago),
> but it only works for the initial clone. A subsequent update will go to the
> tip of whatever branch that bookmark is pointing to (as long as that did not
> change - I think changing that was proposed).
It seems everyone thought that was an accident:
- The @ bookmark was introduced to be the equivalent of the default
- The bookmark name "default" can only be created with -f/--force
(unless you never had a default branch, but put the first
changeset on a named branch)
- This behaviour was never tested.
- Some people reported it as a bug, that a bookmark named "default"
was checked out on clone, so I changed the code to avoid this.
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Mercurial-devel