Quick Obsolescence Status
pierre-yves.david at logilab.fr
Wed Sep 19 11:36:29 CDT 2012
here is a quick status of my progress regarding the
Done since 2.3
- Useful set or revision related to the feature are properly cached (is not
turn repo in slugg),
- "hg commit --amend" can creates obsolescence marker,
- "hg rebase" can creates obsolescence markers,
- hg push takes obsolescence in account before warning about new heads,
- bookmarks movement take obsolescence in account.
- Proof of concept of changelog level filtering.
- Changelog level filtering:
It is a critical piece of obsolescence implementation. I'll focus on it so it
can land in core soon enough.
I've planned a voice Meeting with Matt tomorrow (2012-09-20) at 15:00 GMT
(17:00 in France 10:00 in Minneapolis). If you want to join use contact me.
I'll send your details for a mumble server.
- histedit compatibility:
Histedit is the last (sane) history rewriting tools shipped with core without
obsolescence support. I'm planning to fix that "soon".
I do not plan to work on MQ support this cycle as there is several complex
issue with MQ.
- More "troubles" detection:
Core detects and warn about unstable changeset. It needs to do the same for
two more cases. Successors that rewrite public changeset (latecomer) and
"conflicting" history rewriting (divergent successors).
The code already exist in the evolve extension so most of the challenge is
about getting people agree on some names.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Mercurial-devel