[PATCH 2 of 3] dirstate.status: don't ignore symlink placeholders in the normal set
sid0 at fb.com
Sat Aug 31 14:18:10 CDT 2013
# HG changeset patch
# User Siddharth Agarwal <sid0 at fb.com>
# Date 1377969615 25200
# Sat Aug 31 10:20:15 2013 -0700
# Node ID fdc2152cacd93218d79171b462ae0ff002ef2b7d
# Parent 47ca48b126a91692716003fc904b27be519bcdcf
dirstate.status: don't ignore symlink placeholders in the normal set
On Windows, there are two ways symlinks can manifest themselves:
1. As placeholders: text files containing the symlink's target. This is what
usually happens with fresh clones on Windows.
2. With their dereferenced contents. This happens with clones accessed over NFS
In order to handle case 2, ca6cebd8734e made dirstate.status ignore all symlink
placeholders on Windows. It doesn't ignore symlinks in the placeholder set,
though, since those don't have the link bit set. This is problematic because it
violates the invariant that `hg status` with every file in the normal set
produces the same output as `hg status` with every file in the lookup set.
With this change, symlink placeholders in the normal set are no longer ignored.
We instead rely on code in localrepo.status that uses heuristics to look for
An upcoming patch will test this out by no longer adding files written in the
last second of an update to the lookup set.
diff --git a/mercurial/dirstate.py b/mercurial/dirstate.py
@@ -827,20 +827,14 @@
if not st and state in "nma":
elif state == 'n':
- # The "mode & lnkkind != lnkkind or self._checklink"
- # lines are an expansion of "islink => checklink"
- # where islink means "is this a link?" and checklink
- # means "can we check links?".
mtime = int(st.st_mtime)
if (size >= 0 and
((size != st.st_size and size != st.st_size & _rangemask)
or ((mode ^ st.st_mode) & 0100 and checkexec))
- and (mode & lnkkind != lnkkind or checklink)
or size == -2 # other parent
or fn in copymap):
- elif ((time != mtime and time != mtime & _rangemask)
- and (mode & lnkkind != lnkkind or checklink)):
+ elif time != mtime and time != mtime & _rangemask:
elif mtime == lastnormaltime:
# fn may have been changed in the same timeslot without
More information about the Mercurial-devel