[Bug 3843] New: Python stuck at 100% CPU rebasing mq patches over rename

mercurial-bugs at selenic.com mercurial-bugs at selenic.com
Mon Feb 25 15:05:59 CST 2013


http://bz.selenic.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3843

          Priority: normal
            Bug ID: 3843
                CC: mercurial-devel at selenic.com
          Assignee: bugzilla at selenic.com
           Summary: Python stuck at 100% CPU rebasing mq patches over
                    rename
          Severity: bug
    Classification: Unclassified
                OS: Mac OS
          Reporter: mmn100+selenic at gmail.com
          Hardware: Macintosh
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
           Version: 2.5.1
         Component: rebase
           Product: Mercurial

Steps to reproduce:
1) hg clone -r 1f8d24cee3c7 https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central && cd
mozilla-central
2) hg qimport https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=717451
3) hg qpush

> $ hg glog -l 2 --style compact
> @  122743[attachment.cgi?id=717451,qbase,qtip,tip]:122731   4bc7ec0db5e2   > 2013-02-25 17:06 -0800   mozilla
> |    Bug 738491 - Implement the Australis tab shape for Windows. r=dao
> |
> | o  122742   1f8d24cee3c7   2013-02-22 22:23 +0100   ttaubert
> | |    Backed out changeset 4d74fe8e6560 (bug 842511)
> | |

4) hg pull --rebase -r 7318b2b26843
> added 1 changesets with 1517 changes to 1517 files (+1 heads)
> merging browser/base/content/browser.xul
> merging browser/themes/windows/browser-aero.css and browser/themes/winstripe/browser-aero.css to browser/themes/windows/browser-aero.css
> merging browser/themes/windows/browser.css and browser/themes/winstripe/browser.css to browser/themes/windows/browser.css
   Merge tool (diffmerge) opens and suppose I choose everything from the left
> merging browser/themes/windows/jar.mn and browser/themes/winstripe/jar.mn to browser/themes/windows/jar.mn
> tool diffmerge can't handle binary
> tool diffmerge can't handle binary
>  no tool found to merge toolkit/themes/windows/global/icon/close.png
> keep (l)ocal or take (o)ther?

5) Choose local or other (doesn't make a difference)
> merging toolkit/themes/windows/global/inContentUI.css and toolkit/themes/winstripe/global/inContentUI.css to toolkit/themes/windows/global/inContentUI.css

Python uses 100% CPU on a core and doesn't seem to complete.  Perhaps I didn't
wait long enough for it to complete since there were 1517 changes but they were
mostly renames so I don't think it should take more than 30 minutes.

I'm going to try leave it going this time. I started at 5:20 PM PST and it's
still going 45 minutes later.

I'm using hg 2.5.1 but the problem also seemed to happen on 2.4.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.


More information about the Mercurial-devel mailing list