Still problems with windows buildbot
simohe at besonet.ch
Thu Feb 13 13:56:53 CST 2014
About windows builds, on http://hgbuildbot.kublai.com/waterfall the
following is visible:
* After windows buildbot slave has been rebootet, the failures on
"default" went down to 4 .
* Then a job for "stable" was run. There 13 failures happened .
* Then a job for "default" was run. There were 15 failures  now.
My analysis of this results:
* The first failures on "default"  are real failures (no failures
because of the environment).
* The failures on "stable" are some real failures plus those
stopping and restarting hg serve.
* All but 4 failures on the next build on "default"  are because
of hg serve processes hanging around from the run on "stable" (blocking
the tcp ports).
* No process from "default" has blocked a process for the next run.
=> Killing the processes on "default" seems to work. (The patch on
* Killing the processes on "stable" does not work, stop fails. Of
course, this is not fixed there.
* Because the number of tests is the same on "default" and "stable",
the processes from test-x from "stable" block those from test-x on
What can we do to improve this situation? Some suggestions:
* Apply the patch on mercurial.win32 from "default" branch onto
"stable" branch. (And reboot windows slave again.)
* Set different values for "HGTEST_PORT" for "default" and "stable"
runs. An offset of 3 should already improve the situation, because not
all tests use the 3 ports reserved for them. (Maybe a good idea anyway,
for having less influence. But the stable builds will still fail.)
More information about the Mercurial-devel