hgbook: chapter on templates
mpm at selenic.com
Tue Jul 19 17:37:20 EDT 2016
On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 17:58 +0200, Mathias De Maré wrote:
> Hello all,
> it's been quite a while since I sent around another chapter. I'm afraid I
> had other topics to focus on.
> I've reworked the chapter 'Customizing the output of Mercurial' to discuss
> templates (rather than the old '--style' option).
Other things to mention:
- the -T option
- the [templates] section (simplifies many of your templatealias examples)
- using a path to a template file
- adding files to the template path
- multi-line assignments and quoting in config files
- hg debugcolor
Things that are just about official and long-deployed:
- generic templating of most of the other display commands
- the generic JSON and XML styles
- using -T json for discovery
- how to assign different templates with the same name to different commands
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.
More information about the Mercurial-devel