Mercurial book: current status and future plans
Mathias De Maré
mathias.demare at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:23:52 EDT 2016
we had a useful meeting at the sprint concerning the book.
It appears people aren't really aware of the current status.of the book, so
let's try to fix that :-)
There's an overview available at
A short summary:
- The book has been moved from Docbook to RST (with Sphinx)
- The examples use Mercurial tests now
- The current version of the book can be read at http://hgbook.org.
- An initial draft for a chapter on 'Scaling' is available, see
- An initial draft for a chapter on 'Changing history' is Mostly Done(tm),
>From now on (as discussed at the sprint), I'll post my patches to the
mailing list, with the intent of having some review.
Help (in the form of patches, review...) is very much welcome.
The repository is currently available at https://bitbucket.org/hgbook/hgbook,
but the intent is to move it to mercurial-scm.org.
One thing I'm currently unsure about, is the two chapters with an initial
draft. Should I finish my current chapter and send the changes in full to
the mailing list?
I think I'd prefer sending a full chapter every time (makes it easier to
write a consistent chapter), but perhaps that's harder to review?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mercurial-devel