D6860: remotefilelog: remove dead code for using flock() for locking
durin42 (Augie Fackler)
phabricator at mercurial-scm.org
Tue Sep 17 14:27:49 EDT 2019
durin42 created this revision.
Herald added a subscriber: mercurial-devel.
Herald added a reviewer: hg-reviewers.
diff --git a/hgext/remotefilelog/extutil.py b/hgext/remotefilelog/extutil.py
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,66 +0,0 @@
-# extutil.py - useful utility methods for extensions
-# Copyright 2016 Facebook
-# This software may be used and distributed according to the terms of the
-# GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version.
-from __future__ import absolute_import
-from mercurial import (
- lock as lockmod,
- vfs as vfsmod,
- at contextlib.contextmanager
-def flock(lockpath, description, timeout=-1):
- """A flock based lock object. Currently it is always non-blocking.
- Note that since it is flock based, you can accidentally take it multiple
- times within one process and the first one to be released will release all
- of them. So the caller needs to be careful to not create more than one
- instance per lock.
- # best effort lightweight lock
- import fcntl
- except ImportError:
- # fallback to Mercurial lock
- vfs = vfsmod.vfs(os.path.dirname(lockpath))
- with lockmod.lock(vfs, os.path.basename(lockpath), timeout=timeout):
- # make sure lock file exists
- with open(lockpath, 'a'):
- lockfd = os.open(lockpath, os.O_RDONLY, 0o664)
- start = time.time()
- while True:
- fcntl.flock(lockfd, fcntl.LOCK_EX | fcntl.LOCK_NB)
- except IOError as ex:
- if ex.errno == errno.EAGAIN:
- if timeout != -1 and time.time() - start > timeout:
- raise error.LockHeld(errno.EAGAIN, lockpath, description,
- fcntl.flock(lockfd, fcntl.LOCK_UN)
To: durin42, #hg-reviewers
More information about the Mercurial-devel