hgweb bug? File list does not match the diff

Matt Mackall mpm at selenic.com
Thu Sep 8 15:34:21 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:19:31PM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> When looking at changesets with the hgweb interface, there are
> many instances where the list of changed files is much larger
> than it should be.  Until now this was just an annoyance, but
> I have found a Linux changeset that appears to list every single
> file in the entire repo as changed, even though less than ten
> files show as changed in the patch.  It takes about ten minutes
> for my PII-333 machine to build the web page.
> (Using hg 0.6c)

This is fixed in tip.

Basically what happened in the old system was that if we merged A and
B, we listed all files that were changed relative to A _or_ B. Whereas
the patch shows only changes relative to A.

The current code lists files that changed in both A _and_ B relative
to their common ancestor.

While this is arguably more correct, it still has the odd side effect
of listing _no_ files when you do a merge without conflicts, while the
patch will still show everything that changed in B relative to A.

Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.

More information about the Mercurial mailing list