Announcing a standalone self-extracting Windows installer for
bos at serpentine.com
Wed Sep 21 03:10:05 CDT 2005
I am pleased to announce the availability of a standalone Windows
version of Mercurial 0.7 (plus extra bits), packaged as a
Benefits of this package:
* NO PREREQUISITES! You don't need Python installed to use
Mercurial any longer, because it's a Windows executable. You
can't even tell that Mercurial is a Python application!
* Uses standard Windows installer/uninstaller wizards that
everyone is familiar with.
* The download is just 2.5MB in size, but is fully featured.
* Comes with complete post-install configuration instructions.
* If your system uses NTFS filesystems, we use hardlinks to clone
local repositories, saving time and disk space.
Here's the download link:
And here's the Coralized version, in case my home DSL link is slow:
Please give it a try, and report your feedback to the mailing list. I
hope that people will find it useful.
For the extremely brave, the complete reproduction recipe can be pulled
from http://hg.serpentine.com/mercurial/bos and will ship with future
releases of Mercurial.
More information about the Mercurial