[PATCH 0 of 1] Set the User-Agent field to Mercurial/version

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.org
Wed Sep 28 08:40:56 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 22:18 -0700, Matt Mackall wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:02:58PM -0700, Eric Hopper wrote:
> > This change sets the 'User-Agent' field in http requests made my Mercurial.
> You're too late, another patch for this has been in tip for _hours_.
> I took your earlier suggestion and set the user agent to
> "mercurial/proto-1.0".

I have another patch that adds:
"(Python hex(sys.hexversion) os.name/os.platform)"
afterward.  I figured it would be an interesting piece of statistical
data to have.

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton
-- Eric Hopper (hopper at omnifarious.org  http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 185 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/attachments/20050928/c6b83d2f/attachment.pgp

More information about the Mercurial mailing list