Mercurial 0.8.1 released!
mpm at selenic.com
Fri Apr 7 21:29:57 CDT 2006
Version 0.8.1 of the Mercurial distributed revision control system is
now available. This release features numerous usability improvements,
performance enhancements, and bug fixes over previous releases.
More information about Mercurial, including information on downloading
sources and binaries can be found at:
Many thanks to Mercurial contributors and supporters for making the
continued rapid improvement of this software possible!
Major changes from 0.8 to 0.8.1:
- new extensions:
mq (manage a queue of patches, like quilt only better)
email (send changes as series of email patches)
- new command: merge (replaces "update -m")
- improved commands: log (--limit option added), pull/push ("-r" works
on specific revisions), revert (rewritten, much better)
- comprehensive hook support
- output templating added, supporting e.g. GNU changelog style
- Windows, Mac OS X: prebuilt binary packages, better support
- many reliability, performance, and memory usage improvements
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.
More information about the Mercurial