Updated Quick Start and Usage docs
bos at serpentine.com
Mon May 15 01:19:04 CDT 2006
On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 12:18 -0400, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
> As promised, here are the updated quick start and usage documents:
Hi, Sebastien -
Thanks for the updates; this version is much improved. I have a few
further comments, and I'll try not to replicate anything that other
people are saying.
* Don't use an abbreviation without mentioning what it means in
"Concepts". For example, you use "WD" some places without
defining it, but if the entry for "Working Directory" in
"Concepts" began as "Working Directory (WD)", there wouldn't be
much room left for confusion or guessing what it might mean.
* "PATCH": how about "readable changes between versions of a
* "BRANCH": how about "one of several children of a revision"?
* "TIP": should probably be "newest head in repository"
* "HEAD": "newest revision on a branch"
* It's quite hard to read the white text inside the arrows
throughout this file, because the tails of the arrows fade to
white, and the heads are not very dark to begin with.
Once again, thanks for the fine work!
More information about the Mercurial