Mercurial 3.7.3 released
mpm at selenic.com
Tue Mar 29 13:20:19 EDT 2016
This is an out of cycle release to address three security issues.
CVE-2016-3630 Mercurial: remote code execution in binary delta decoding
Mercurial prior to 3.7.3 contained two bounds-checking errors in its
binary delta decoder that may be exploitable via clone, push, or pull.
CVE-2016-3068 Mercurial: arbitrary code execution with Git subrepos
Mercurial prior to 3.7.3 allowed URLs for Git subrepos that could
result in arbitrary code execution on clone. This is a further
side-effect of Git CVE-2015-7545. Reported by Blake Burkhart.
CVE-2016-3069 Mercurial: arbitrary code execution when converting Git repos
Mercurial prior to 3.7.3 allowed arbitrary code execution when
converting Git repos with hostile names. This could affect automated
conversion services. Reported by Blake Burkhart.
* bdiff: (pure) support array.array arrays (Bts:issue5130)
* convert: add new, non-clowny interface for shelling out to git (SEC)
* convert: dead code removal - old git calling functions (SEC)
* convert: rewrite calls to Git to use the new shelling mechanism (SEC)
* convert: rewrite gitpipe to use common.commandline (SEC)
* convert: test for shell injection in git calls (SEC)
* files: don't recurse into subrepos without a path or -S (Bts:issue5127)
* hg: perform update after pulling during clone with share (Bts:issue5103)
* mq: restrict generated patch name to 75 characters (Bts:issue5117)
* obsolete: fix n^2 marker computation behavior
* parsers: detect short records (SEC)
* parsers: fix list sizing rounding error (SEC)
* streamclone: fix error when store files grow while stream cloning
* subrepo: adapt to git's recent renames-by-default
* subrepo: set GIT_ALLOW_PROTOCOL to limit git clone protocols (SEC)
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.
More information about the Mercurial