This page is no longer relevant but is kept for historical purposes.
Priorities for managing daily Mercurial project tasks.
In the interest of reducing mpm's workload and spreading responsibilities, we're going to experiment with occasional rotations of people filling his daily roles. Hopefully this will increase the project's capacity and let mpm do some coding.
In descending priority order:
- make sure queued messages are accepted/rejected
- whitelist legitimate posters
- drop spam, reject recruiter mail
- appropriately categorize unconfirmed bugs
- with special attention to possible regressions
- cc relevant/guilty parties
- ask for missing data, set NEED_EXAMPLE as necessary
- look for interesting issues on the user mailing list
check buildbot status
- patch review
- sync from other repos
- review patches, in priority order
The rotation is currently suspended.
When you become a Goatlender, consider:
- are tracking activity of the bugzilla user on the bugtracker to track all activity automatically,
- are subscribed to all wiki update.
Journal of notable fact to pass the next goaltender
5.1. 2015 Week 42 (oct 12)
- durin42 is working on a new changegroup format that can transfer treemanifests
- indygreg is working on formalizing the format of streaming clones so it's more generally useful
These two topics have in common a need to interact with (and possibly extend) repository store requirements during initial clone. This is currently unsupported.
- sid0 is working on some merge driver stuff, meandering towards more in-memory operations
- foozy had more work on transaction sanity. It looked like it was starting to wind down.