Being able to manage a collection of repositories via the web is handy for both departmental servers and public ones.
Features for a web interface:
- ability to register user and passwords for htaccess
- ability to reset passwords
User and admin capabilities:
- initialize or clone new repositories
- edit existing repositories
- change password
- change email address
- delete repo
- set description
- set notify addresses
- set allowed users for push (default owner-only)
- set default web encoding? (UTF-8)
- set per-repo message of the day
- why are you not using edgewall trac, e.g.:
the idea was more in the sense of a "trac plugin" which looks like you design it. everything else is there. what problem do you have with trac as you try to reinvent the wheel here?
how about PublishingRepositoriesUsingCherryPy ?