This page is intended for developers. This is a proposed feature, last minor updated April 2011.
A system for safely allowing mutable history.
The first objective of Liquid-HG is to have a clear distinctions between the part of the history can be altered and the one which can't. (To keep it simple: the private part may be edited while the public can't). This imply two points
- Deny edition of non-liquid (frozen) changeset,
- Simple and logical transition from liquid to frozen state (freezing). This transition should be transparent for the user.
- Garbage collection of "abandoned" changeset,
- Semantical Change tracking (as mq do with patches) and versionning (as versionned mq),
- History edition extension compatibility,
- Sharing volatile part of the history.