Mercurial 4.5 release
1. New Features
1.1. revert --interactive
The revert command now accepts the flag --interactive to allow reverting only some of the changes to the specified files.
1.2. Accessing hidden changesets
Set config option 'experimental.directaccess = True' to access hidden changesets from read only commands.
1.3. githelp extension
The githelp extension provides the hg githelp command. This command attempts to convert a git command to its Mercurial equivalent. The extension can be useful to Git users new to Mercurial.
1.4. Largefiles changes
- largefiles: add a 'debuglfput' command to put largefile into the store
- largefiles: add support for 'largefiles://' url scheme
- largefiles: allow to run 'debugupgraderepo' on repo with largefiles
- largefiles: convert EOL of hgrc before appending to bytes IO
- largefiles: explicitly set the source and sink types to 'hg' for lfconvert
- largefiles: modernize how capabilities are added to the wire protocol
1.5. hgweb changes
hgweb now shows more information about commits: phase (if it's not public), obsolescence status (with a short explanation and links to the successors) and instabilities (e.g. orphan, phase-divergent or content-divergent).
Client-side graph code has been simplified by delegating more work to the backend, so /graph page is now more in sync with /log page, visually and feature-wise. Unfortunately, this code change means that 3rd-party themes for 4.5+ are required to have graphentry.tmpl template available (copy it from the base theme if you don't use %include and then reference it in map file) and render entries in graph.tmpl -- look at one of the core themes to see what it needs to look like. JS functions that create graph vertices and edges are now available in Graph.prototype, making it possible to call the original functions from custom theme-specific functions if needed.
Graph now shows different symbols for normal, branch-closing, obsolete and unstable commits, and marks currently checked out commit with a circle around its graph node.
There's also now json-graph API endpoint that can be used for rendering commit graph in 3rd-party applications.
1.6. Other Changes
When interactive revert is run against a revision other than the working directory parent, the diff shown is the diff to <em>apply</em> to the working directory, rather than the diff to <em>discard</em> from the working copy. This is in line with related user experiences with 'git' and appears to be less confusing with 'ui.interface=curses'.
- Let 'hg rebase' avoid content-divergence by skipping obsolete changesets (and their descendants) when they are present in the rebase set along with one of their successors but none of their successors is in destination.
- A new experimental config flag, 'rebase.experimental.inmemory', makes rebase perform an in-memory merge instead of doing it on-disk in the working copy.
The HGPLAINEXCEPT environment variable can now include color to allow automatic output colorization in otherwise automated environments.
- A new unamend command in uncommit extension which undoes the effect of the amend command by creating a new changeset which was there before amend and moving the changes that were amended to the working directory.
- A '--abort' flag to merge command to abort the ongoing merge.
- An experimental flag '--rev' to 'hg branch' which can be used to change branch of changesets.
- bundle2 read I/O significantly improved
- bundle2 memory use significantly reduced during read
- clonebundle: it is now possible to serve the clonebundle using a git-lfs compatible server.
templatefilters: add slashpath() to convert path separator to slash (issue5572)
- A new experimental config flag, 'inline-color-diff', adds within-line color diff capacity
- histedit: add support to output nodechanges using formatter to help with editor integrations
2. Backwards Compatibility Changes
log --follow-first -rREV, which is deprecated, now follows the first parent of merge revisions from the specified REV just like log --follow -rREV.
log --follow -rREV FILE.. now follows file history across copies and renames.
- transaction: register summary callbacks only at start of transaction
hgweb's graph view no longer supports browsers that lack <canvas> support
- hgweb: only include graph-related data in jsdata variable on /graph pages
graphlog: add another graph node type, unstable, using character *
- remove: print message for each file in verbose mode only while using '-A'
3. Bug Fixes
Bookmark, whose name is longer than 255, can again be exchanged again between 4.4+ client and servers (issue5165)
The convert extension works with bzr < 2.6.0 again (issue5733)
Mercurial will now attempt to use hardlinks on NTFS on Windows (issue4580)
The revset x^:: is now correctly parsed as (x^):: instead of being an error (issue5764)
Setting the diff.noprefix configuration option no longer breaks the --stat flag on hg diff (issue5759)
hg outgoing now honors :pushurl paths from hgrc (issue5365)
log: translate column labels at once (issue5750)
patch: improve heuristics to not take the word diff as header (issue1879)
templater: look up symbols/resources as if they were separated (issue5699)
- http and ssh: support for emitting extra debug logs about requests as they happen
4. API Changes
bundlerepo.bundlerepository.bundle and bundlerepo.bundlerepository.bundlefile are now prefixed with an underscore.
- Rename bundlerepo.bundlerepository.bundlefilespos to _cgfilespos.
- dirstate no longer provides a 'dirs()' method. To test for the existence of a directory in the dirstate, use 'dirstate.hasdir(dirname)'.
- mapping does not contain all template resources. use context.resource() in template functions.
text=False|True option is dropped from the vfs interface because of Python 3 compatibility issue. Use util.tonativeeol/fromnativeeol() to convert EOL manually.
wireproto.streamres.__init__ no longer accepts a reader argument. Use the gen argument instead.
- exchange.getbundlechunks() now returns a 2-tuple instead of just an iterator.
- bundle2 parts are no longer seekable by default
- memfilectx: the changectx argument is now mandatory in constructor