hg config now has a --source option to show where each
- configuration value comes from.
Default Format Change
These changes affects newly created repositories (or new clone) done with Mercurial 5.8.
New Experimental Features
Backwards Compatibility Changes
Internal API Changes
The Dirstate API have been updated as the previous function leaked some internal details and did not distinct between two important cases: "We are changing parent and need to adjust the dirstate" and "some command is changing which file is tracked". To clarify the situation:
* the following functions have been deprecated,
- - dirstate.add, - dirstate.normal, - dirstate.normallookup, - dirstate.merge, - dirstate.otherparent, - dirstate.remove, - dirstate.drop,
* these new functions are added for the "adjusting parents" use-case:
- - dirstate.update_file, - dirstate.update_file_p1,
* these new function are added for the "adjusting wc file" use-case":
- - dirstate.set_tracked, - dirstate.set_untracked, - dirstate.set_clean, - dirstate.set_possibly_dirty,
See inline documentation of the new functions for details.