User-centric log output
This extension is not distributed with Mercurial.
Author: Facebook, Inc.
This extension is slated to be integrated into core Mercurial.
hg smartlog displays the graph of commits that are relevant to you, and highlights your current commit in purple.
- Your bookmarks
- The @ or master bookmark (or tip if no bookmarks present).
- Your local commit heads that don't have bookmarks.
- All commits under @/master/tip that aren't related to your commits.
- Your local commit heads that are older than 2 weeks.
Configure your .hgrc to enable the extension by adding following lines:
[extensions] smartlog =
Contains interesting code and ideas that may be useful elsewhere in Mercurial proper too.
- ellipsis link in the graph display
- graph reorder to order by 'branch'
Moving the ellipsis link concept into core first would help us avoid including our own graph sorting node. Currently the extension contains their own sorting and dag filtering code.
The codebase is not yet Python 3 compatible (use of cmp in sorting).
4.1. Future directions
- Configurable definition of what should be included in the smartlog.
Facebook impact: medium; it is in active use within Facebook.