GSoC Project Ideas for 2013
Here are some ideas of possible 2013 summer project ideas for Mercurial. Your own ideas are welcome. You may decide to work on these ideas or use them as a starting point for your own. Either way, come talk to us in #mercurial in Freenode or on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
1. Work on generic templating support
2. Improved built-in help
Mercurial's built-in help is quite good, but could be better. Here are some things that could be done:
- improve crosslinking between help topics
- migrate remaining contents from manpages into built-in help
- add example usage to verbose sections in help
- improve the glossary
3. Advanced Hgweb support
Our web interface is very handy, but there are a number of features that could be improved:
- Add functions and conditionals to the templating language
- Add basic AJAX functionality to make history browsing more dynamic
- Add some basic web admin functionality
4. Performance tuning
Mercurial is fast but could always be faster. Possible areas include:
- Optimizing startup performance
- Optimizing performance on Windows
5. C implementation of command server API
6. Improvement of record API and User Interface
To be expended
7. Other ideas?
Come talk to us on IRC.