This page is primarily intended for Mercurial's developers.
Writing Down Your Improvement Proposal On The Wiki
1. When to make an improvements proposal
We write down "Plan" wiki page to track discussion, progress and evolution of largish enhancement proposal to Mercurial. Not all proposal go through a "Plan" wiki page some just get directly sent as patches, get solved in a simple email thread or discussed on the bug tracker. Here is a small list of reason why one might want to create a wiki page for a project:
- it involves some complicated design (like a binary format) that will receive multiple revision,
- it requires multiples independent steps that will get done gradually over a long period of time,
- it creates large amount of debate that justify to keep track of various dimension of the problem space and there solutions,
- it is a long term project that is not going to be implemented shortly but which surface often enough that we want to keep track of various idea,
<insert your other good reason here>.
2. How to make improvements proposal
The title of the page should end with Plan